14. September 2005 19:55
Due to the Visual Studio 2005 launch event in November my presentation of the Compact Framework version 2 to the Wisconsin .NET user's group has been pushed back to January 2006. Considering how cool VS 2005 is I think its safe to say this launch event will be better than anything I could have possibly presented.
The CF 2.0 release is very near and dear to me due to the amount of pain I have experienced in the CompactFramework 1.0 and SqlCE 2.0, and conversely the joy I have found in porting one of my mobile apps to the new platform. There are so many different things I could discuss related to the state of mobile development, I'd welcome anyone's ideas for specific things they'd like to see covered. Some of the points I planned to touch on:
- Important API differences
- Important CLR differences
- Important Visual Studio differences
- SQL Mobile: this is a big one, especially from a performance perspective
- COM interop on the CompactFramework
- Data Sync processes
- Discussion of Active Sync and Emulators
- Discussions of Smartphone vs. Windows CE builds vs. WindowsMobile builds
I'd welcome any comments at firstname.lastname@example.org ;see you in January.